I'm back, people!
Try to contain yourselves...
Anyway, so my apologies for this crazy AWOL behavior. It's really not like me. However, I've been swamped.
I know people always say that, and typically, I'm the first to roll my eyes -- but it's true!
Not only was I swamped with work, but also in the areas of "life" and "assorted crap."
So, you see, my "swamp" was multi-layered.
I must say, though, I'm rather touched at all the emails expressing concern. Seriously, who knew there were people who would actually miss my rambling, navel-gazing posts?
So, in the spirit of updates, I hope to spend the week updating you on all of the knitting progress. Today, I'll begin with the stuff most currently on the needles, my Sockapaloooza sock and I'll throw in some stash reorganization just for fun. Because, really, this is the stuff that occupied most of this weekend.
Then, I'll try to catch up with everything else through the course of this coming week.
So, let's begin:
Here are the socks my sock pal sent a few weeks ago (I AM SOOOOO sorry for waiting this long to post about them!):
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE.
1. I had this pattern in my queue for quite some time now (IK something-or-other, I am WAY too tired to look it up right now, but I'm sure you've seen it and know what it is, so I won't lose any sleep over it...ahem) and am totally THRILLED to have such a perfectly executed pair! Do you SEE the attention to detail in this pattern in how the leaf stem emanates from the cuff ribbing?
2. Koigu. Red. Need I say more?
3. Arrived completely on time and at the perfect moment where I REALLY needed a pick-me-up.
4. These socks are perfectly sized for my feet. I don't know how she did it, but the texture of the Koigu, combined with the perfect fit, makes my feet sort of vibrate. It's...AWESOME.
5. I'd link to my pal, but she has no blog! However, she included the sweetest postcard with an actual, lengthy handwritten note. Pretty cool, eh?
To say I'm pleased would be an understatement. I got exactly what I'd wanted from an incredibly sweet person.
Another satisfying Sockapaloooza experience. :-)
Now, as for what I'm currently knitting -- and by "currently," I mean just-put-down -- here is a pic of my Banana socks:
I call them that because they are in the Banana Split(?) (help me out here Miss Purly!) colorway. This yarn is so soft and bouncy and just so luscious, I can't stop knitting it. Seriously. It seems thicker than fingering weight, but once you get going, it ends up being pretty much the same if you're a tight knitter.
I've been doing a lot of reading lately and so a nice variegated yarn using a basic stockinette pattern is just the sort of knitting I need. Mindless, and all about The Tactile.
Last, but not least, here is a picture of my papasan chair AFTER my new stash reorganization:
Basically what this "re org" means is that before, there were a bunch of yarn bags filled to the top with errant yarn. Now, said yarn is neatly packed in groups of "like items" in clear ziploc bags.
You'd think I would've had the energy to then work these into my shelves (the ones you see behind the chair), but it was just way too complicated. All of the stuff on the shelves is organized by purpose and type, so it would involve taking everything down and "rethinking."
Since I plan to make a move to the apartment downstairs, it didn't make sense at this current juncture. ;-)
I'm just happy they're in bags, since I've seen more than one moth this weekend.
I'll leave you with this thought and this closeup of the yarn bags:
"Remember, just because it doesn't look like a lot, doesn't mean it isn't a lot."
I have spoken. Now go!